[vox-if] Distro Availability

Robert G. Scofield rscofield at afes.com
Fri Jan 14 17:04:35 PST 2005

I wondered if you folks wanted me to bring the distros I have to the
Installfest.  I've got the complete box set of SuSE 9.2 Professional.  That
includes 2 DVD's and 5 CD's.  I've got a complete set of SuSE 9.0 Personal
edition.  I might have some Mandrake around here, but I think LUGOD has
Mandrake.  And Hans Uhlig gave me a packet with the Ubuntu live CD and a
single installation CD.  (I wouldn't mind giving the Ubuntu away.)

Also I was wondering if I could borrow a distro when the installfest is over.
If you have a Sarge install CD, I'd like to borrow it.  My Sarge net install
is not going well.  I've got to add everything to the Debian base.  There's
too much I can't configure.  I've got no printing, and no sound.  KDE 3.3 is
very buggy and ustable in Debian Sarge while it works flawlessly on my SuSE
system.

I was hoping that a regular Sarge install CD would do most of the configuring.
If not, then I don't need to borrow it.  But I don't know what Debian release
you use at the Installfest.

Bob