[vox-if] [rsvp-May15] Mandrake 9.2 + WinXP; trying to install Fedora Core on Virtual PC

Bill Kendrick vox-if@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 2 May 2004 15:11:24 -0700

Note: This person is travelling from afar, so it'd be good if we can tell
him whether or not we can help, and if the IF is actually taking place,
as planned.

Thx!

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Apache <apache@livepenguin.com> -----

Date: Sun,  2 May 2004 07:43:20 -0700 (PDT)
From: apache@livepenguin.com (Apache)
Subject: Installfest RSVP
To: nbs@sonic.net, if@lugod.org

Installfest RSVP

Name: Kenny Spade

03_CPU: Pentium 5 / Compat.

04_Speed: 2400

05_RAM: 512

06_HD_Sizes: 120 GB

07_Video: NVidia GeForce FX 5600

08_Monitor: Impression 17 in Flat screen

09_Laptop-Brand:

10_Laptop-Model:

11a_HW-Printer-Desc:

11b_HW-Sound-Desc:

11c_HW-Modem-Desc:

11d_HW-Network: on

11d_HW-Network-Desc: NVidia Nforce2 Onboard

11e_HW-Scanner-Desc:

11f_HW-Camera-Desc:

11g_HW-MP3-Desc:

11h_HW-Game-Ctrl-Desc:

11i_HW-DVD-Desc:

11j_HW-Other:

11j_HW-Other-Desc:

12_OS-WinXP: on

13_Partition: a drive with another OS

14_Distro:

16_Problems: I currently have Mandrake 9.2 installed on a partition alongside WinXP, and am running well with it. I am currently attempting an install of Fedora Core on a Virtual PC. I\'ve got the basics down, but what I\'m really looking for out of the installfest is some help getting some development tools set up. Specifically, I am trying to get Go-Mono running for development in C#. If there would be a better time for this than an installfest, or if there isn\'t anyone available to help me with it, please let me know. I live a couple of hours away from Davis, but it\'s the closest place with a regular schedule of installfests.

17_Arrive-Time: 12pm

18_Learned-How: Ran a search for installfests in Northern California.

Read_Release: yes

----- End forwarded message -----

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com        | Even when using industrial beat, Kompressor