[vox-if] [Fwd: help at installfest]

Jonathan Stickel vox-if@lists.lugod.org
Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:49:12 -0700

I think it may have been Rob Rogers who helped Dick Ely.  I remember he
brought the demo machine from GTC to the IF and helped for awhile.  Are
you here?

Jonathan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: help at installfest
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 14:59:40 -0700
From: Richard Ely <dick@davis.com>
To: if@lugod.org

Dear Coordinator:

I am struggling getting Linux installed and working.

I was at the last Installfest, and a very helpful gentleman installed an
application under WINE.  We worked over the lunch hour on the back table
in the corner.

I regret, I cannot seem to find the windows application on the machine
even though I know its windows name - it doesn't seem visible.  I do not
seem to be able to make WINE find it.  Yet we made it work perfectly
when I was there.

I regret further I do not know his name.

Could you help find me the person who helped me install it, or suggest
another path.

Thanks, Dick Ely

Richard D. Ely
Davis Hydro / Davis Collaborative