[vox-if] August IF?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jul 30 13:46:42 PDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 30, 2004 at 04:32:07PM -0400, Marteen wrote:
> I've been lurking in your lists for some time now. I'm a member of
> LUGMen (www.lugmen.org.ar), a lug in Mendoza, Argentina.

Hi! :^)

> Why I subscribed, you may ask? Well, my cousin lives in Davis, and I'll
> be visiting him in August. From August 10th to September 16th.

Cool!  Sadly, you'll _just_ miss the LinuxWorld Conference & Expo
(taking place next week) and Linux Picnic (August 7th).

We do have a meeting on August 19th (topic TBA; Trevor L. had to cancel
his Gentoo talk), and Installfest on August 15th.  Then another meeting
on September 7th (Cascading Style Sheets talk).

Other LUGs all throughout the Bay Area meet at various points, as well.
You might want to peruse:

  http://www.lugod.org/calendar/

and:

  http://www.linuxmafia.com/bale/

> I will be kind of on holidays there, so I thought I would be so glad if I
> could be allowed to participate in any GNU/Linux (event|meeting) while I'm
> there.
>
> It would also be great for me to get in touch with people that share the
> same interests and goals.

Yeah! :^)

> [Ok, back to subject]
> I'm no Linux guru, but I could even help out new guys in an IF, or
> anything that is "within my range".

That'd be great!  You can 'officially' volunteer (just talk to Seth Nagao
here on 'vox-if'), but I'm sure if you just show up, hang out, and help when
you can, that'd be great, too!

Take care!

-bill!
bill at newbreedsoftware.com            "Avoid missing ball for high score"