[vox-if] IF donations

Jonathan Stickel vox-if@lists.lugod.org
Sun, 18 Jan 2004 15:03:32 -0800

We received $40 in donations at the IF yesterday.  After pizza and soda
costs, $10 remains for LUGOD.  I'll bring it to a meeting eventually,
unless someone wants it sooner than that.

After some thought, I decided not to ask for donations for giving away
distribution cds.  This probably goes explicitly against many of the
copyrights, and I didn't feel right about it in general.  Instead, I
asked ALL installees to donate to LUGOD, suggesting ~$5, whether they
took home cds or not.  Most were very happy to do so.  If they wanted
lunch too, I asked for a separate donation for that, and again that
seemed to work fine.  Any thoughts?

Jonathan