[vox-if] Potential multi-computer RSVP for school

Bill Kendrick vox-if@lists.lugod.org
Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:23:07 -0800

On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 02:09:20PM -0800, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> It sounds to me like this fellow would like to setup something somewhat
> simple that he could maintain.  A thin client sounds nice and sexy, but
> how would it work for a newbie (I know nothing about them)?  I'd
> personally recommend RedHat 9 or this new Fedora.  RedHat's gui
> configuration programs really helped me get started with minimal
> frustration.  Just my 2 cents.

Well, the nice thing about LTSP is you update ONE system, and everyone's
upgraded. :^)

> It does sound like a great community service project.  I offer my help.

Cool, thanks!  Yeah, I was thinking perhaps we could do this outside of
an Installfest, since we'd want to spend some time seeing what he's got,
what he'll have down the road, and where he wants to go with ti.

Rusty, can you suggest this to him?  We might wanna move over to
vox-outreach if he'd like help outside of IF.  (Definitely wouldn't
be LERT, since it's non-emergency... though we might have some of the
usual suspects :) )

-bill!