[vox-announce] Flyer for next meeting, and other news

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Aug 10 15:55:37 PDT 2006

A printable HTML flyer is available for the next LUGOD meeting
(Tuesday August 21st, "GPS and Cartography", presented by LUGOD's
own Dylan Beaudette):

  http://www.lugod.org/documents/flyers/autoflyer.php

Please consider printing and posting a copy or two.
(Here are some suggestions: http://www.lugod.org/documents/flyers/where.php )

In other news, the Local Linux (and other User Group) Events calendar has
been updated to cover meetings and events through September:

  http://www.lugod.org/calendar/

If you know of any additional events we should consider listing,
please contact me at: webmaster at lugod.org

One big event coming up is the sixth annual Linux anniversary picnic & BBQ,
celebrating the Linux kernel's 15th birthday.  (From what I can tell, only
one person from Davis has RSVP'd so far!)

"Picn*x XV" takes place on Saturday, August 19th (the weekend
following LinuxWorld Expo) in Sunnyvale.  The event is free, as is the
food (and if you hurry, a commemorative t-shirt!)  There's currently room
for about 500 more people, so bring your friends and family, and help
spread the word!

  http://www.linuxpicnic.org/

Finally, it appears that the Sacramento Asterisk Users Group (SacAUG) is in
need of a new organizer for their meetings.  If you can help, contact
Bret McDanel:

  http://www.sacaug.org/node/62

-bill!
pr at lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis

PS - Summaries of these newsitems are visible on the LUGOD front page,
and in the News archives.  Plus, if you use Firefox, Safari, Akregator,
Straw, Knewsticker, or another app. capable of reading RSS newsfeeds, you can
subscribe to LUGOD's:

  http://www.lugod.org/news/