[vox-announce] LUGOD Election Results

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Nov 17 00:36:54 PST 2004

LUGOD elections have been held and the results are in... mostly.

As everyone who was nominated ran unopposed, elections were held at this
week's meeting.  Since there were no objections by those in attendance:

  Emily Stumpf remains president ('root'),
  Dmitriy Ivanov takes over for Mike Simons as vice president ('sys'),
  amd Henry House remains treasurer ('/dev/null').

Marc Hasbrouck was nominated for the position of secretary ('typescript'),
taking over for Daphne Pareas.  However, Marc can't accept the post, so
nominations remain open for the position of LUGOD's secretary.

As per our Bylaws, Dmitriy will have to fill in until someone is
elected, so feel free to nominate yourself or someone else by
e-mailing him at: typescript at lugod.org.

Nominations for the position of secrectary ('typescript') shall close at
our next meeting (Tuesday, December 7th), at which point elections for that
position shall commence.

Details on how LUGOD is run can be found in our bylaws, located at:

  http://www.lugod.org/objectives/bylaws.html

Our current officers can always be found in the Members section of our
website, here:

  http://www.lugod.org/members/officers/

-bill!
pr at lugod.org