[vox-announce] Volunteers still urgently needed for WEF & GTC events

Bill Kendrick nbs@sonic.net
Fri, 30 Apr 2004 01:54:13 -0700

LUGOD is still in need of volunteers to help set up, break down, and
staff our exhibit booths at the Whole Earth Festival and
Government Technology Conference, both of which are taking place in May.

The Whole Earth Festival (WEF) will be Friday May 7 through Sunday May 9
at the UC Davis quad.

GTC West 2004 will be Wednesday May 12 through Friday May 14 at the
Sacramento Convention Center.

We'll have discs, handouts and a demo computer ready to go for both events,
and should be fine with our small folding card tables for the WEF booth
(which will probably be on the lawn).  Furniture is still needed for GTC,
so if you have a large table available, please let us know!

Details on both events, including links to learn about (and see photos of)
our previous exhibits at these events, are available on our website.
We're also keeping track of what items and services we'll need for
each event, as well as who has offered to volunteer.

See:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/wef/

and:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/

If you're available to help out, please e-mail Bill Kendrick at: pr@lugod.org
or post to LUGOD's "vox-outreach" mailing list.

Thank you,

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis

PS - If you can help coordinate either of these events, please let me know! :)