Welcome to the "Jobs" page at the Linux Users' Group of Davis,
a computer club dedicated to Linux, open source, and related topics, located
in Davis, California — near Sacramento, in the Central Valley of California,
and not too far from the San Francisco Bay Area and Silicon Valley regions.
This page, as well as our
'vox-jobs' mailing list,
lists jobs that LUGOD members might be interested in and/or qualified for.
Submitting Jobs for Posting |
Other Job Resources
The most recent job listings are at the top.
The job listing was last modified on:
Sep 15, 2023 13:34
AAG - Linux Engineer with Security Clearance @ Apogee Engineering - Fairfield
Apogee is seeking a Linux Engineer to support the Army Analytics Group (AAG) located in Fairfield, CA. We are looking for someone that is willing to learn and grow.
As a company, and as an onsite team, we are willing to train you if you have the right experience and background. Why work with us? Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers
Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people
Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company
Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client's success, a warm and employee-centric work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time
What you will be doing:
- Configuring Linux and Unix machines in a on-premises and cloud environment.
- Conducting capacity planning and resource management for SANs and NetApp.
- Supporting a variety of software stacks for production applications.
- Using Ansible and other orchestration tools to optimize deployments.
- Developing tool kits to make administration easier.
- Using Security Incident and Event Management (SIEM) applications and implementation in an enterprise environment.
- Assisting in security and patch management of Red Hat Linux systems utilizing Red Hat Satellite infrastructure management tools.
- Collaborating with developers and project managers to stand up applications What you will need to have:
- Security Clearance Required: Secret
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mathematics, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related technical discipline and 5+ years of IT experience; OR, 11+ years experience in lieu of degree
- 3 Years of IT administration experience preferred
- Security+ CE as a minimum cybersecurity requirement (IAT Level II)
- Linux+ certification or ability to attain within 2 months of hire
- Bash scripting experience or experience in Equivalent Scripting Language (Python, PowerShell)
- Database configuration and management experience (Postgres, MySQL preferred)
- Familiarity with SELinux
- Familiarity with Risk Management Framework for DoD and STIG requirements
- Knowledge of the Elastic Stack (ELK) SIEM application desired Benefits:
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HSA and HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military, and jury duty paid leaves
- gular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.
- The base pay for this position ranges from $67,033 to $100,550.40 across the U.S
There is a different range applicable for specific work locations
Base pay is based on a number of factors and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, experience, skills, abilities, training and education.
(Taken from Job ID: 8340_7278998 @ CareerBuilder)
Senior Linux Administrator @ Introlligent - Sacramento
Full-time. Estimated $105K-135K a year.
Full Job Description
Introlligent is a fast growing services company engaged in IT
services, consulting, infrastructure and applications management, and
business process outsourcing. We provide our employees an intersection
of business needs with individual excellence, where they get to work
with the industry’s evolving technologies and methodologies and
hence redefine themselves. Check out our current openings and be a
part of the Introlligent family that powers the world’s best brands.
Please email your resumes with job position and location in the subject line to email@example.com.
Provide technical leadership to administer, install and configure
Unix/Linux servers for data centers; plan, design, migrate from
physical to cloud based platforms; build infrastructure for big data
environment; supervise testing, tuning, upgrading and troubleshooting;
evaluate, recommend latest solutions based on business needs;
responsible to test and provide report on infrastructure; migrate
backups from production environment; responsible to troubleshoot
performance issues; escalation support; responsible to ensure systems
security; utilize RedHat Linux, Solaris, RedHat Virtualization, AWS,
VxVM, VCS, Hadoop, Oracle, etc; other similar duties as assigned.
BS or foreign equivalent in Computer Science / IT / Engineering
(any) / IS / Related and 5 years of relevant progressive experience
in systems administration including 3 years experience in Data Center
environment, RedHat, Solaris, VCS, VxVM, Hadoop and AWS.
HR, Introlligent, Inc., 1425 River Park Drive, Suite 401, Sacramento, CA 95815.
(Positions are eligible for employee referral program.)
(Taken from SimplyHired.)
Submitting Jobs for Posting
Linux enthusiasts come from many diverse backgrounds and careers, not
limited to the computer science field. A common quality is that they are
all highly self-motivated, dedicated, hard-working, and intelligent. If
you are looking for employees of this sort please consider letting us know.
If you'd like to list a job here, or have your job listing removed (ie,
it's been filled) or changed, please e-mail
- We prefer you send your job posting (edited for brevity if possible) as
a plain-text e-mail. Less preferred are HTML e-mails, or attachments
(Microsoft Word documents, PDFs, etc.)
- If you include phone numbers
or email addresses in your job posting (either for posting on this
page, or posting our our vox-jobs
mailing list, which is archived), please note whether you'd like
them included. If you don't specify, we'll assume they are valid contact
numbers/addresses which should be included with your
- The current policy is to regularly remove jobs which are older than about
- Posting priority is given to jobs in the Davis/Sacramento
area, then the San Francisco Bay Area. We typically do not
post out-of-state jobs (unless it's a telecommuting opportunity,
of course), as that's beyond our club's scope (Davis, California).