Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2003.09.02 Meeting Notes"
2003.09.02 Meeting Notes
- 'Art of Unix Programming' be Eric S. Raymond has been published, and
is available for free off the 'net.
- Yolo Amateur Radio meetings are held on the 1st Tuesday of each month,
and they'd be interested in having a presentation on Linux, and/or
presenting at a LUGOD meeting!
- Silicon Valley LUG meets in San Jose tomorrow. "System Administrators
are People Too"
- North Bay LUG meets in Sebastopol next Tuesday. LUGOD's Bill Kendrick
will be doing a presentation on The Gimp.
- Ryan Castelluci will be demonstrating TiVo hacking at the next LUGOD
meeting, on September 15th.
- AMD will be visiting LUGOD to talk about AMD64 at the October 7th
meeting. NOTE: Due to elections, we will not be meeting at the library!
Hopefully we can meet at UC Davis.
- Demo - No demo scheduled.
- Installfests - The next Installfest will be Sunday,
- LERT - No recent LERT activity.
- Library - Nothing to report.
- Projector - No news on the projector.
- Geek Swap - We earned $256.75 at the Geek Swap in early August.
We had to spend $60 to dispose of some left over hardware, so we
earned a total of $196.75.
- ISSA Conference - We've been invited by the local ISSA chapter to
have a Linux booth at the ISSA conference (security-related) in November
at the Sacramento Convention Center. Mike Simons still needs to contact
them to confirm.
- Tux Paint Demo - Bill Kendrick will be demonstrating his open source
'Tux Paint' program for kids at the Davis Food Co-Op on Sunday, October 26th.
He's looking for people to help burn copies of Tux Paint on CDROM, and
people to lend their time and computers for kids to play, hands-on.
E-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
- Financial Report - $29.19 in voluntary dues were collected.
LUGOD has a grand total of $2079.40 in the bank (until we buy a projector).
- Dr. M. A. Sridhar from Ampersand Corp. demonstrated zeroCode, their
browser-accessible software development environment for generating scalable,
high-performance, database-backed web application, with little or not
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2003 Sep 13 07:10