Linux Users' Group of Davis - "LUGOD 2002.08.02 Meeting Notes"
2002.08.02 Meeting Notes
House Agricultural, Davis
- Debian Donation - Pete donated Debain 3.0 ver.0 discs.
8 CDROMs, binary for Intel.
- Davis Library - There's a $10 charge for food (although it
may just be for using the kitchen; we'll need to confirm, and find out
if we can simply pay on the day of the meeting, IF we have food).
There's a $5.00/hr charge for staying after library hours (9pm).
The library may be able to get us network if needed. We will ask for it.
- Meeting Schedule - To try to make sure meetings go more quickly
and smoothly, we've settled on:
- 5:30 - 6:00 - Set-up
- 6:00 - doors open
- 6:30 - 7:15 - Introductions, meeting business, games, etc.
- 7:15 - 8:45 - Presentation.
- 8:45 - 9:00 - Break-down.
We should ask speakers whether they want questions during or after their
Mike Simons will be running the next meeting, to wet his feet.
- 4-H - Needs another coordination meeting. Henry is going to
back down from the talk, since he is busy every Saturday, and we're
well staffed already (Bill, Nicole, Richard, Mike).
- Jon 'maddog' Hall - Mike Simons has offered his place for
Jon to crash the night of the meeting.
- LERT - Update LERT page. Add a form to search Usenet
groups (via Google) and our mailing lists, so people can research on their
own before asking for a LERT call.
Make a LERT call request form on the web page. It can include
a check-list ("have you checked Google," "have you posted to vox-tech,"
- Web pages - Pete has asked that everyone (e.g., Bill and Henry)
sign their scripts, so people know who's responsible for what code.
- Library - Software, magazines and distros. sections still need
- Kylix - Invite Borland back to speak about the new version of
Kylix. (Mike has contact info.)
- Pete Salzman - root (president)
- Mike Simons - sys (vice president)
- Melissa Hardenbrook - typescript (secretary)
- Henry House - /dev/null (treasurer) / librarian
- Bill Kendrick - p.r. officer / webmaster
LUGOD: PO Box 1336, Davis, CA 95617
2002 Dec 16 16:00