[vox] Desktop Recommendations

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jan 26 13:56:51 PST 2022

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 01:02:57PM -0800, Bob Scofield wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My wife needs a new computer. We are both Linux Mint users, though
> my wife is open to either Windows, Mac, or Linux.
>
> Sadly, Zareason has gone out of business. So I'm looking for a
> company that sells Linux desktops. Among others I see System 76,
> Lenovo, Think Penguin, and Puget Systems. Does anyone have any
> recommendations for a seller of Linux desktops?

Aww, that's sad to hear. :( These days I'm on a Lenovo Thinkpad, but I
very much appreciated by ZaReason laptop when I had it.  Everything
basically worked out-of-the-box.  (I'm on a pair of T480s-es, which
seem plenty suitable for my work and home needs.)

I hope the ZaR crew are doing well out there!  (I see no new posts
to either the official twitter, or that of Cathy, their CEO, since
October 2020.  I wonder if the pandemic hit them... supply chain
issues, or ...?)

Sent from my computer