[vox] LUGOD.org website down

Timothy D Thatcher daniel.thatcher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 14:12:14 PDT 2021

Yes, it desperately does need an OS update. That's a pretty significant
time sink that I haven't had the bandwidth to consider for a while,
especially with regards to making sure that the website stays up and
functional afterwards--lots of old code there that may not survive a php
update. I suppose php-fpm could be configured to keep an older version
running, that's one possible solution that I've done elsewhere, but a bit
of an ugly one that I'm not super fond of.

That's completely aside from migrating to new hosting, which also really
needs to happen. We haven't had any volunteers step forward for that,
either.

Tim