[vox] LUGOD.org website down

Timothy D Thatcher daniel.thatcher at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 13:51:54 PDT 2021

Hey Bill,

lugod.org is still live for me, loads quite fast actually. Bit out of date,
but the IRC section has been updated with the new info: irc.libera.chat
#lugod is the channel.

We're also long overdue for a member talk, and elections. I'm still not
willing to host an in-person meeting, because covid is still running
rampant and I don't LUGOD to be a superspreader event or to endanger the
health of any of our members.

We've done several informal video meetings, but participation has been low,
and I don't think the format really lends itself to one of the most
important (to me, anyways) parts of the club: socializing with one another.
The pre- and post-general meeting mingling is where people really meet, and
during my tenure, the socials have really been the place where the most
vibrant conversation and real connections have been made between members.

Unfortunately, I'm relocating to Colorado at the end of the month, so if
someone wants to consider taking up the local mantle, now is the time to
start thinking about stepping forward.

Anyone have suggestions on how to stay in contact with one another, and
conduct club business? Should we reform the constitution/bylaws, or maybe
dissolve and start again so we can be an online-only presence?

Tim