[vox] An officer or volunteer to maintain the LUGOD LinkedIn group

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Nov 4 00:27:22 PDT 2021

It turns out I'm the sole owner of the LUGOD group over on LinkedIn
(https://www.linkedin.com/groups/35879/), and would like to hand off
ownership to someone still active in the club, and local to Davis.
(Greetings from "sunny" Olympia!)  I'm probably just going to close my
LinkedIn account, because I don't use it -- going on 14 years at
Smashwords, with no end in sight!

In the good old days, I'd post LUGOD events there, for folks who hang
out on LinkedIn, and not Facebook (and maybe also don't subscribe to
the mailing lists, subscribe to our RSS feed, or think to visit the
LUGOD website at least once a month ;) )

I'd also occasional Linux-y news items that I'd see on LinkedIn or
elsewhere.  It's been a looong while, though!

Is anyone out here interested in taking it over from me?

For those who don't know, or forgot, along with our four elected
officers [1], LUGOD's bylaws also allows for "Appointed Officers" [2]
to manage things like this.

I think by de facto standard, maintaining the social media stuff fell
under Public Relations Officer (which is apparently still me, so
says the website!).  However, the club could also create a new
position for someone to maintain LUGOD's social media accounts, if
you wanted to divide up the labor.

OTOH, if we all agree it's pointless, we can just close the group down
completely...

Let me know!  I'd like to get it off my hands. :)

[1] root, sys, /dev/null, and typescript --
    president, VP, treasurer, and secretary, respectively

[2] e.g., Installfest Coordinator, Webmaster, and Public Relations officer
    (oops, LUGOD's website still lists me as PR person!)