[vox] Meeting thanks + May/June - volunteers wanted

Timothy D Thatcher daniel.thatcher at gmail.com
Tue Feb 18 12:12:33 PST 2020

Hey LUGOD,

Thanks to everyone who came out to Omsoft tonight for a peek at the
Second Bite installation (www.secondbite.net, if you missed it!) It
was a great time with old friends and some new faces, and a huge
thanks to Larry and Adele for hosting and sharing their work (and
their cake!) with us.

Also, if you enjoy more traditional art forms and have a minute,
please go check out Adele's paintings on display at the Artery at 207
G Street through THIS week. For more information on that, please see:
http://www.adeleshaw.com/AdeleShaw/News/Entries/2019/12/17_North_Coast_Visions.html

At the meeting I mentioned the possibility of a mini tech-corner in
conjunction with the Davis Makerspace. DMS occasionally holds "Repair
Cafes", which are a lot like a non-computer version of our "Tech Cafe"
mini-installfest/ask-a-nerd. I think it would be a lot of fun for
LUGOD to take part, and the DMS folks seem to agree, too. They're
looking at four possible dates: May 17 or 24, or June 14 or 21. These
are all Sundays.

So what I'm looking for is some feedback on those dates, and friendly
volunteers to pitch in on one of those dates for at least a couple
hours between roughly 11am-5pm! Experience installing and/or using
Linux helps, but isn't required to be able to pitch in during setup,
teardown, and just keeping your fellow club members company. You'll
also be able to meet the Makerspace volunteers and learn more about
what they do and maybe even help them out, too.

I'd at least like to get an idea of interest for now, so please let me
know sooner rather than later if you're interested in helping out and
what dates might work for you. We'll nail down the specifics and open
up RSVPs for help requests as we get closer to the event.

Thanks again everyone, see you next month at the social.

-Tim