[vox] 10/16 Meeting Aftermath

Timothy D Thatcher daniel.thatcher at gmail.com
Tue Oct 17 00:43:46 PDT 2017

LUGOD members,

I hope to post pictures of tonight's meeting in a day or two, but in the
meantime I'd like to thank everyone for coming. It was a fun time with some
neat hardware up for show, and I hope everyone enjoyed it. We sure had a
lot of bodies in the space, which was great!

Special thanks to:

* Robbie A. and Ted. S for standing up and sharing their amazing projects
with us

* Mark K. for the information on his OpenSprinkler system

* Davis Makerspace for graciously hosting us in their space

* All of the LUGOD members and other guests who participated!

Reminder: officer nominations for President (root), Vice-President (sys),
Secretary (typescript), and Treasurer (/dev/null) are open starting today.
You can nominate yourself or someone else, and voting will occur at our
next formal talk on Monday, November 20th. Send your nominations to
typescript at lugod.org.

And as always, if you ever have any thoughts about a talk topic, would like
to volunteer to help out with a meeting, have an idea for a project or
presentation that you would like to make to LUGOD, or know somebody who may
like to speak, we're listening. You can send a message to this list,
contact me or one of the other officers via lugod.org, talk to us at a
Tuesday social or after a Monday presentation, or visit us on the IRC
channel. Help us keep the LUG tradition alive!

Cheers,
Tim