[vox] Best Linux PDF Editor

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Fri May 5 13:30:52 PDT 2017

On 05/05/2017 12:48 PM, Darth Borehd wrote:
> I need to edit a lot of documentation PDFs.  They have pictures, graphs,
> illustrations, charts, fonts, and text.  I have tried LibreOffice,
> LibreDraw, PDFedit, Inkscape, and GIMP.  None of them work well.
>
> I have seen Foxit, Master PDF, and PDF Studio are commercial packages
> that work on Linux.  Should I get one?  Is there a free option somewhere?

	Are you wanting to start with a fresh doc and end up with by
	exporting to a PDF? Or must you start with a PDF?

	If you can start with a doc and export to PDF then you might
	want to add Scribus to your list of tools. It is a great
	layout tool. You can format and layout text, add an image
	ort other items and go from there. Then export it to PDF.

	I have use Scibus to do the layout for a couple of
	print-on-demand books. After I finished the layout I exported
	the result to PDF and send the company the PDF for them
	to print-on-demand.

							Tony