[vox] Hello from my Atari

Edwin Groot evoldevo at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 13 11:11:28 PST 2017

Damn, that sounds like it was a lot of fun. Isn't that hottie (with
heavy use of the Start and Break keys) in Twitter an Atari 1200? Does
it have more than 64 kB?
I'll have to try that on my Big Board I single board computer (2.5 MHz
Z80, nyah nyah!). So far I just used an old Linux laptop as a serial
terminal console for it. Unfortunately the Big Board sends ADM-3A
terminal controls, which comes up as weird strings on the Linux side.
I am impressed by the other GBOFH on the list. I didn't get on the
Internet until 1986, and that was on a used Novation CAT 300-baud
acoustic coupler. Oh, the fun of Telnet-ing the VAX, then FTPing to
wuarchive.wustl.edu, getting binarieZ to my VAX account. And then
switching over to Kermit to transfer from the VAX to my floppies. My
mother complained sometimes about the long periods my phone being
busy.

Edwin
Retro-enthusiast

Sent from my Linux computer