[vox] Talk idea: "back to the terminal"

T. Mark techmark at tutanota.de
Mon Apr 17 19:49:16 PDT 2017

That sounds groovy, Bill.  I find myself more productive at the CLI for sure (gotta sit down & learn `tmux` some day as the podcasts have been talking it up.. used to use `screen` on pre-graphics boxes, modeming into mainframes..)
Your mention of IRC<>Twitter reminds me of something I came upon lately--  an RSS-to-Newsgroup generator, that serves you the feed on their free newsserver.  I poked around and am using Pan to browse my podcast feeds now.. all the GUI ones (Firefox addons I was using) are clunky in various was but this way's nice.  Get to see a bunch of other stuff people have put there, along with mine too.
I've long been meaning to give a talk, but have been too perfectionist as a developer, to the point that I still don't have  a 'release' of a re-spin of the distro I use "ready for prime time".  Sometime soon hopefully--  could use some paying work first, so's to have operating ca$h..

Happy Springtime all,
 Mark

3. Apr 2017 22:41 by nbs at sonic.net: