[vox] Social gathering tonight! (Tue 3/7)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Sat Apr 1 10:24:01 PDT 2017

On Mon, Mar 27, 2017 at 12:13:45AM -0700, Scot A wrote:
> Hey Bill,
> Long time not talk to.
> I trust things are going well.
> I wanted to pitch an idea at you
> regarding having a few meetings
> for LUGOD out here in Woodland, Ca.
> Or, at the very least looking into starting a
> chapter out in this neck of the woods.
> Please let me know your thoughts on the matter.
> Namaste'
> Scot

If you build it, they will come. ;) Starting a LUG is not that hard,
especially if you start out informal & worry about things like
non-profit status later.  There are lots of docs out there on how to
do it, e.g. Rick Moen's "Recipe for a Successful Linux User Group"
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Linux_PR/newlug.html ;)

-bill!

> On Tue, Mar 7, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Bill Kendrick <nbs at sonic.net> wrote:
>

> > Some folks from LUGOD will no doubt be gathering tonight
> > at 7pm at Crepeville in downtown Davis for our monthly
> > social gathering!
> >
> > http://lugod.org/meeting/
> >

> > --
> > -bill!