[vox] [fwd] Re: [Lug-nuts] Our Site

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Sep 14 08:50:17 PDT 2016

On Tue, Sep 13, 2016 at 09:11:10AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> In case anyone noticed & was worried, rumors of SacLUG's death are
> exaggerated.  Their website is offline at the moment.

(As if it weren't obvious, their mailing list is still active,
and is now full of chatter over hosting, DNS, and back-ups)

LUGOD's site doesn't change frequently (once a month, in any
substantial way), but I took this opportunity to, at the least,
grab a tarball backup of /var/www/lugod/ :)

Rod - are you doing any kind of local backing-up of the whole server
that we're sitting on?

-bill!

> -bill!
>
> ----- Forwarded message from "Brian E. Lavender" <brian at brie.com> -----
>
> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2016 22:32:38 -0700
> From: "Brian E. Lavender" <brian at brie.com>
> Subject: Re: [Lug-nuts] Our Site
> To: General SacLUG discussing <lug-nuts at saclug.org>
>
> I talked to Linus about his web server and he said it crashed hard! :(
>

> On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 09:53:34PM -0700, Brian E. Lavender wrote:
> > Uh, Linus hosts the website... His server must be kaput. I am not sure
> > what happened.
> >
> > brian
> >
> > On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 08:45:35PM -0700, saclug at garymcglinn.com wrote:
> > > Are we still posting a page on saclug.org?  I just tried to view and got an unable to connect error.
> > >
> > > -Gary
> >
> > --
> > Brian Lavender
> > http://www.brie.com/brian/
> >
> > "There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to
> > make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other
> > way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
> >
> > Professor C. A. R. Hoare
> > The 1980 Turing award lecture
>
> --
> Brian Lavender
> http://www.brie.com/brian/
>
> "There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to
> make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other
> way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
>
> Professor C. A. R. Hoare
> The 1980 Turing award lecture
>
> ----- End forwarded message -----
>
> --