[vox] EFF at ACLU Yolo event in Davis next Monday (Dec. 5th)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Nov 30 14:39:31 PST 2016

Nance W., ACLU Yolo Chair (who was among the attendees at LUGOD's
October meeting) wrote to let me know that EFF will be back in town
next week!

She writes:

  Shahid and crew will be presenting again, this time within
  the context of Trump administration, his proposed executive orders and
  policies, and the impact on our privacy rights.  Shahid will discuss new
  information about outsourced contracts Trump will privitize or outsource
  digital surveillance and military use of force, establish registries for
  Muslims, and other unconstitutional tactics.

  As I write, the national ACLU and several other civil rights groups have
  filed amicus briefs and lawsuits, with Trump as the defendent.

  Free parking in the school parking lot and on Anderson Road.

She sent along a flyer PDF, and I'll paste the text of it here:

  DATA PRIVACY and GOVERNMENT SURVEILLANCE
  IN THE TRUMP ADMINISTRATION

  Perspectives on the U.S. Constitution & Civil Liberties:
  A Community Organizing Event

  KEYNOTE SPEAKERS

  Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF)
  UC Davis Law School, Immigration Law Clinic staff

  DATE                         TIME
  Monday, December 5, 2016     7:00 - 9:00 PM

  LOCATION
  Redwood Building    Caesar Chavez Elementary School
                      1001 Anderson Road, Davis CA 95616

  Co Sponsors

  UC Davis Cross Cultural Student Center, ACLU Yolo Chapter,
  Davis Social Justic Coalition, Phoenix Rising Coalition,
  Yolo Interfaith Immigration Network and the Davis Vanguard

BTW, they're hoping I could give them an estimate of how many might attend,
so drop me a line off-list and I'll try to keep count, and let her know
on Monday.

Sent from my computer