[vox] "Atari Party" this Saturday in Davis (semi-off-topic; Raspberry Pi counts!?)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Jul 27 15:39:25 PDT 2016

I'm hosting my annual Atari Party this weekend
(along with over a dozen other friends & strangers),
where we'll have upwards of 50+ classic-to-modern computer
and video game systems up and running for the public to play on.

Among the Ataris, Nintendos, Segas, Sonys, and Apples, will be a
RetroPie set-up (Raspberry Pi running an emulator-oriented distro
of Linux).

ALSO, we'll be be giving away two Raspberry Pi 2 Model B units,
an arcade-quality joystick (Atari-style connector, but works with
Linux/Win/Mac with an inexpensive USB adapter), and a number of
books from No Starch Press.  Oh, and a gently use Nintendo Wii!
...among tons of other prizes!

It's all free, and will be happening from 12pm til 5pm this
Saturday, July 30th at the public library in Davis.
Tons of info is available on the website:

  http://newbreedsoftware.com/atariparty/2016/

PS - I think I'm out of space for exhibitors (plus we have so
much coming, that much more would be redundant), but I'm happily
accepting more volunteers.  (LUGOD's own Tim T. is helping out.)

If you'd like to spend some time on Saturday doing one or more
of these tasks, please let me know!

 * set-up
   (starting at 10am!)
 * break-down
 * docent
   (helping attendees find & use the systems they're interested in)
 * handing out raffle tickets
   (for the free prize give-away)
 * standing in for exhibitors
   (when they need a bathroom breaks, to eat lunch, etc.)

Sent from my computer