[vox] Fwd: Re: Broadband as a public utility -- FCC approves Net Neutrality

Mark markindavis at hush.com
Mon Mar 2 19:30:05 PST 2015

I gotta say, I was a wee bit disappointed in EFF's "celebration" headlines, given that all seasoned observers note how this is headed for massive court battles.  Probably more a political animal than the code writer I once was--  i.e. listening to KPFK then KPFA my whole adult life for one thing--  I became eager to attend the wing-ding Archive.org announced it was throwing to celebrate--  boasting many influential folks from Press Freedom, EFF, & such as guests.  ("Free, just RSVP"-- I almost came on here asking for rides.)  But as I noticed the more cautionary tweets which came from twitter.com/EFF about potentially awful language in the thing (of which they EXTENDED the secrecy I believe!?)..  apparently the headline-determining crew there decided to stick with the "let's just try to get on Obama/Wheeler's good side until we can figure out that's in this"..  well what happened was my years of watching these Wall St. Democrats caused me to realize it wouldn't be as fun at F
 t. Funston as I might've hoped, trying to network/shmooze with potential employers whilst also telling everyone it's probably not exactly time to celebrate yet.

>From my favourites:
https://twitter.com/EFF/status/570692284892753923

Here I've found a great timeline for this ongoing struggle, from a great new reporting outfit which I trust way more than, for example, the NYT which has done such things as send our soldiers to die in a war based on the lies of Judith Miller & Dick Cheney.

http://www.propublica.org/article/net-neutrality-may-face-an-uphill-battle-if-history-tells-us-anything/

And please folks, stay current with some of this stuff because it's crunch time once again on a huge issue--  a "trade agreement" which does no less than threaten to put global corporations above nation states in the power structure:

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/02/its-time-act-now-congress-poised-introduce-bill-fast-track-tpp-next-week

PEACE!

--
https://twitter.com/LinuxUserGroup/favorites