[vox] Any interest in a very basic "cc65" talk?

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Fri Jun 19 20:41:49 PDT 2015

So back in August 2013, I was part of a roundtable talk
here at LUGOD that I put together, about vintage computing
(for me, specifically, Atari 8-bits).

In my talk slides, I had one slide discussing the fact that
one can cross-compile C programs for old 8-bit systems
(Nintendo, Apple II, Commodore 64, Atari Lynx, etc.)
using the open source 'cc65' compiler on Linux (or Windows/etc.)

Fast-forward almost 2 years later, and I've actually made some
progress (almost all of it in the past 6 months, after a very
long lull), and was wondering if folks would be interested in
what I've learned.

People seem to use cc65, but docs are a bit tricky to understand,
and examples are often lacking. (Esp. for the Atari 8-bit, sadly
for me ;) )  I make no claim to be an expert, but I thought
folks might find it a fun/interesting talk.  Maybe?

Thoughts?  (I was thinking about Sept, since I already lined
myself up to talk next month (July) about MySQL; would rather
not do two talks in a row, unless they're a Part 1/Part 2 :) )

Sent from my computer