[vox] Webcam recommendations?

richard at khanfusion.net richard at khanfusion.net
Wed Jul 1 12:45:43 PDT 2015

Quoting "Richard S. Crawford" <richard at underpope.com>:

> I'm going to be participating in a number of Google Hangouts in the next
> few months, and I am in search of a webcam that will work with my Kubuntu
> 14.04 system. I have a Logitech (the model number is lost), but it won't
> even grab a picture in Kamerka or Cheese.
>
> Anyone have any suggestions?

I've used a notebook version of a Logitech QuickCam Pro for a while,
through a couple of Ubuntu editions up to my current v14.04.  I wasn't
able to get things working in Cheese, but I think that's due to a
configuration issue.  Haven't tried Kamerka.  The unit was
automatically available in Hangouts and Skype.

I didn't see it in the webcams section when I went to logitech's site
- but I assume they sell something similar.

Richard Burkhart