[vox] Broadband as a public utility -- FCC approves Net Neutrality

Mark's tech help markindavis at hush.com
Thu Feb 26 15:55:50 PST 2015

I've been paying *huge* attention.. big-time juncture in cyber history here.  Was all up-in-arms & wrote practically my life story into the comment-period-window when Wheeler, the ex-BigTelecoms Lobbyist, was pushing a shuck-n-jive "hybrid" thing.  Biggest citizen response in history!  But now I see that, as everything right-center BO and neo-Con HRC get behind, there's some nasty details not getting enough sunlight.  (The text of the thing was SECRET before the vote.  Why?  Who knows.)
1 bright side might be an easier time for municipalities to give faster, more accountable svc to residents than the megacorporations have been offering.
Please check out what I've retweeted & favorited, to get up to speed.  Pass it on!

Especially of note, the EFF analyses of the slippery slope that is the "general conduct" language!  i.e.
<https://twitter.com/EFF/status/571027734752677888

Enjoy yet another spring day in Feb!

--
https://twitter.com/linuxusergroup/following