[vox] [fwd] ACCU: Wednesday, February 11 - Barbara Geller and Ansel Sermersheim, "CopperSpice: An implementation of reflection in C++"

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Feb 10 15:39:24 PST 2015

FYI!

----- Forwarded message from Ali Cehreli <acehreli at gmail.com> -----

Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 15:00:08 -0800
From: Ali Cehreli <acehreli at gmail.com>
Subject: ACCU: Wednesday, February 11 - Barbara Geller and Ansel Sermersheim,
 "CopperSpice: An implementation of reflection in C++"
To: Ali Cehreli <acehreli at yahoo.com>

   When:A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A  Wednesday, February 11, 2015
   Topic:A*A A*A A*A A*A  CopperSpice: An implementation of reflection in C++
   Speaker:A*A A*A  Barbara Geller and Ansel Sermersheim
   Time:A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A  6:30pm doors open
   A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A  7:00pm meeting begins
   Where:A*A A*A A*A A*A  Symantec
   A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A  VCAFE building
   A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A  350 Ellis Street (near E.
   Middlefield Road)
   A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A  Mountain View, CA 94043
   Map:A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A  <http://tinyurl.com/334rv5>
   Directions: VCAFE is accessible from the semicircular courtyard between
   Symantec buildings <http://tinyurl.com/2dccgc>
   Cost:A*A A*A A*A A*A A*A  Free
   More Info:
   <http://www.meetup.com/SFBay-Association-of-C-C-Users/events/218656595/?a=cr2_rt>

   Synopsis: CopperSpice is a collection of cross platform GUI libraries
   derived from Qt 4.8. Our libraries use current C++11 technology to
   implement Reflection, without requiring moc (a code generator) or any
   preprocessing. We will discuss what Reflection is, how this technology can
   be used, and why it can be difficult to implement. Source code from
   CopperSpice will be shown to fully explain how we implemented Reflection
   using standard C++11.

   Barbara Geller: As an independent consultant, I have been working as a
   programmer and software developer for over twenty-five years. My degree is
   in Electrical Engineering from Cal Poly Pomona. As a consultant I have
   worked with numerous smaller companies developing in-house applications.
   My company has also designed and developed a Windows application for a
   vertical market. Co-founder of CopperSpice, a C++ library derived from the
   existing Qt 4.8 framework. Designed the Diamond Editor, a cross-platform
   programmers editor using the CopperSpice libraries. I have programmed in
   Visual Objects, Clipper, PHP, Java, Qt, and C++.

   Ansel Sermersheim: I have been working as a programmer for over fifteen
   years. My degree is in Computer Science from Cal Poly San Luis Obispo.
   Currently I work as a software engineer designing scalable, high
   performance, multi-threaded network daemons in C++. The daemons I have
   developed are used at a Tier 1 carrier serving static and live content to
   customers around the world. Co-founder of CopperSpice, a C++ library
   derived from the existing Qt 4.8 framework. I have programmed in C++,
   Lisp, Java, Perl, and C. Avid follower of the C++ standard

   ---- Upcoming ACCU meetings -----

   Wednesday, March 11, 2015
   TBD

   ---------

   The ACCU meets twice monthly. Meetings are always open to the public and
   are free of charge. To suggest topics and speakers please email Ali
   Cehreli via acehreli at yahoo.com

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer