[vox] Might cancel this month's meeting

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Feb 9 15:26:49 PST 2015

I've had a really hard time finding a guest speaker for this month.

In the past month & some, I've reached out to a ton of people, got one
scheduled in May, and another agreed to come, but when is "TBD".
A couple others have responded with "we'd love to!" over Twitter,
but don't even reply when I email them.  Yet others just don't
respond at all. :-/

I feel like I'm trying to pull teeth...  I wonder if it's the flu
season, or what...?

Anyway, unless a guest speaker drops in my lap _today_, since this
month's meeting is in exactly one week, I'm going to just go ahead
and cancel it.  (I normally want at _least_ two weeks of lead time
to advertise meetings, contact the newspaper, etc.)

Consider this my last call to the group, to see if anyone wants
to volunteer and do a talk next Monday.  Let me know ASAP! :)

Sent from my computer