[vox] LUGOD 17th anniversary plans underway, and then some!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Wed Dec 2 18:20:23 PST 2015

I've _tentatively_ got castAR, an augmented & virtual reality company,
scheduled to come to our January meeting -- our 17th anniversary!
It's still tentative, but I'm hopefully they'll be able to make it!
(http://www.castar.com/)

As per usual, we'll put together some pizza, snacks, cake, and
hopefully also some prizes/give-aways!

The public library is unavailable (also per usual), and the
Veteran's Memorial Center has become prohibitively costly to use
for little ol' LUGOD.  Therefore, I've offered up Smashwords'
downtown office, where we held this past January's anniversary
meeting/party.

SW's office is upstairs with no elevator, doesn't have dedicated
parking (you just need to park on G, 3rd, F, or 2nd, or nearby --
e.g. the 4th & G parking structure -- and walk in), and doesn't have
a _ton_ of space, and only seating for about 25-30.

So, if anyone's got a _better_ location to offer, please let us know!
(I'd like to avoid anywhere at UC Davis, unless parking is free
that day, and the room is very close to parking -- esp. since our
speaker will be bringing gear to demo!  A few spots we've held
meetings at were quite a trek from parking, and the parking wasn't
free, which sucked.)

PS - Stephen Helms has offered to talk about & demo C.H.I.P.,
a recently-Kickstarted $9 Linux-based computer, in February!
(Thanks!)

PPS - And don't forget THIS month's meeting, on amateur (ham) radio,
on Monday the 21st!

For more on all of this, see: http://www.lugod.org/meeting/upcoming/

Sent from my computer