[vox] Fwd: Regarding: "Running Alchemy Mindworks (and other Windows-based) Software on a Macintosh"

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jun 10 20:48:06 PDT 2014

Mikies posted from a non-subscribed addr, so it got discarded.

----- Forwarded message from vox-bounces at lists.lugod.org -----

Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 09:38:39 -0700
From: vox-bounces at lists.lugod.org
Subject: Auto-discard notification
To: vox-owner at lists.lugod.org

Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 09:31:18 -0700
From: Mikies Runs Baal
Subject: Regarding: "Running Alchemy Mindworks (and other
  Windows-based) Software on a Macintosh"

   Since, this has been a topic of recent discussion, I thought I would share
   this URL.
   http://www.mindworkshop.com/macintosh.html

   Since, I have relocated and currently, if only temporarily, reside in
   Tucson, Arizona, I am tempted to dig through my boxes in storage and
   resurrect my Linux-based laptop, and play with it determine which
   Windows-based software I can get to function.

   The inability to run and/or lack of software to compete with Microsoft has
   always been a sore point with me, and precluded the elimination of
   Microsoft Windows from my household.

   Anyhow, I would be interested in some feedback on the success or failure
   of running, and any special tweeks required for specific software
   programs: games, productivity, or whatever.

   THANKS.

   Respectfully,

   MJR

----- End forwarded message -----