[vox] Who wants to be on TV?!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Tue Jan 7 17:43:45 PST 2014

On Tue, Jan 07, 2014 at 12:18:33AM -0800, joseph arruda wrote:
> Hell, I'd MAKE myself available for that.

Ok, so far we have:

  Brian (Sacramento)
  Joe (Bay Area)
  Me (maybe) (Davis)

Who else?

I'm still waiting to find out if it's a hosted show, or if we're on our
own, and have to sit there and nerd it up amongst ourselves.

In any case, some topics to cover:

 * we're an official (501(c)7) non-profit; we're not a UCD campus group

 * we've been around 15 years

 * we meet monthly, with guest speakers doing presentations on various
   Linux, open-source and computer/technology topics (and of varying degrees
   of technicality, from end-user to physics expert)

 * we've seen the likes of Google, IBM, HP, Sony, SUSE, Wikimedia,
   Intel, Lindenlab, Amazon, Oracle, OpenStreetMap, Google, LiveJournal,
   EFF, Netscape, KDE, Apple, Borland, Cisco, along with tons of companies,
   organizations, and individuals the layperson might not have heard of

 * our club's community is active online: mailing lists, IRC chat, Facebook,
   LinkedIn

 * in the past (not so much recently), we've participated in conferences
   (LinuxWorld Expo, Government Technology Conference, and others),
   held regular hands-on Linux demo, ran Installfest workshops,
   and even had a group of members who would do housecalls.

 * we've also donated books, helped run Picn*x events, held free classes,
   made appearances at Whole Earth Festival, and more!

What did I miss? :)