[vox] How long (and where) is tonight's meeting? // Was Re: LUGOD on DCTV; how to watch it!

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Feb 17 10:45:47 PST 2014

Note that tonight we are at Explorit Nature Center on 5th street, NOT at
the library.  So while we should try to get out by 9, it's not like there'll
be people physically kicking us out and locking the door behind us.
(We need to kick ourselves out, and set the alarm, and lock the door :) )

[*] http://www.lugod.org/meeting/explorit/
    3141 5th Street  (east of Pole Line, past the Police Dept.,
                     on the north side of 5th; the left side the road,
                     if coming from downtown / campus side of town)

    We meet in one the small building on the left side of the main
    building.  Warning: it's a bit dark.  Fortunatelly, the moon is
    only just wanining from full, so it won't be _pitch_ black.

-bill!

On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 09:28:06PM -0800, Bill Broadley wrote:
> On 02/14/2014 03:10 PM, Norm Matloff wrote:
> >
> > Hi, Bill.
>
> Heh, wrong Bill I know.
>
> > How long is a typical LUGOD talk?
>
> Typically the meeting starts at 7 and the talk starts around 7:20-7:30.
>  I believe we have to be physically out of the room and chairs stacked
> by 9PM.  So typically talks are 40-60 minutes and questions and related
> discussion typically happens till 9.
>
> The format is pretty open though, as long as we are out by 9.

Sent from my computer