[vox] Looking for a new laptop

Richard Harke paleopenguin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 00:53:11 PST 2014

I have an ASUS laptop, model N82J that I bought about three years ago. I
installed
debian squeeze (dual boot, though I seldom boot windows) with no real
issues. Recently I  upgraded to wheezy. The wifi went recently and I now
use a no-name wifi-usb stick.
Needed to upgrade the kernel manually for that. I really like it. 14 inch
screen is easy to
read and I like the portability. Downsides: expensive as it has core i7 and
Nvidia Geforce
Also battery life is pretty short but I mostly go places where there is AC.

Richard