[vox] [acehreli at gmail.com: ACCU: Wednesday, November 13 - Michael Caisse, "Parsing in C++ with a DSEL : Boost.Spirit -- A JSON Parser Tutorial"]

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Mon Nov 11 19:34:31 PST 2013

----- Forwarded message from Ali Cehreli <acehreli at gmail.com> -----

Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 10:51:06 -0800
From: Ali Cehreli <acehreli at gmail.com>
Subject: ACCU: Wednesday, November 13 - Michael Caisse, "Parsing in C++ with a
 DSEL : Boost.Spirit -- A JSON Parser Tutorial"
To: Ali Cehreli <acehreli at yahoo.com>

   1) As an exception, our workshop meeting is on the third Wednesday this
   month (not on the fourth Wednesday).

   2) This month's announcement:

   When:A A A A A  Wednesday, November 13, 2013
   Topic:A A A A  Parsing in C++ with a DSEL : Boost.Spirit -- A JSON Parser
   Tutorial
   Speaker:A A  Michael Caisse
   Time:A A A A A  6:30pm doors open
   A A A A A A A A A A  7:00pm meeting begins
   Where:A A A A  Symantec
   A A A A A A A A A A  VCAFE building
   A A A A A A A A A A  350 Ellis Street (near E. Middlefield Road)
   A A A A A A A A A A  Mountain View, CA 94043
   Map:A A A A A A  <http://tinyurl.com/334rv5>
   Directions: VCAFE is accessible from the semicircular courtyard between
   Symantec buildings <http://tinyurl.com/2dccgc>
   Cost:A A A A A  Free
   More Info:
   <http://www.meetup.com/SFBay-Association-of-C-C-Users/events/143671932/>

   Machinery, sensors, equipment, client/server communications, even file
   formats... Parsing and producing data streams are everywhere you look.
   Often these tasks are simple or small enough to tempt ad-hoc solutions.
   Boost.Spirit provides a DSEL (Domain Specific Embedded Language) that is
   simple enough to tackle those "quick hacks" and easily scales for
   full-featured AST generation.

   Michael will introduce the Boost.Spirit library while creating a JSON
   parser. We will also discuss recursive variants and techniques to generate
   streams from data representations. Join me!

   Michael Caisse has been crafting code in C++ for over 20-years. He is a
   regular speaker at BoostCon/C++Now and other community events. Michael is
   the owner of Ciere Consulting which provides software consulting and
   contracting services, C++ training, and Project Recovery for failing
   multidisciplinary engineering projects. :: ciere.com

   ---- Upcoming ACCU meetings -----

   Wednesday, November 20, 2013 - Workshop

   Wednesday, December 11, 2013 - Presentation
   TBD

   ---------

   The ACCU meets twice monthly. Meetings are always open to the public and
   are free of charge. To suggest topics and speakers please email Ali
   Cehreli via acehreli at yahoo.com

----- End forwarded message -----

Sent from my computer