[vox] Meeting tonight at SacLUG

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Thu Jan 24 13:34:13 PST 2013

We have a meeting tonight. I hope to see everyone there.

Below are the details.

Topic:
Raspberry Pi running JBoss hosting the "Raffle It Up" application and acting as a
wireless access point.

When:
January 24, 2012

Time: 7-9pm

Who:
Brian Lavender (myself)

Where:
1715 I St.
Sacramento, CA  95811

Details:
This is Raspberry Pi hack. Bring your mobile device and your Pi. I hacked a
Rasbperry Pi to run JBoss and act as an Access Point. I have it running
my "Raffle It Up" application. The application automatically detect whether
your device is mobile and render accordingly. It is a culmination of the
following four projects.

Raspberry Pi
http://www.raspberrypi.org/

The Raspbian wheezy image. Ignore the soft-float warnings and use this one!
http://downloads.raspberrypi.org/images/raspbian/2012-12-16-wheezy-raspbian/2012-12-16-wheezy-raspbian.zip.torrent

JBoss AS 7
http://www.jboss.org/jbossas

Java 8 with hard floating point for the Pi (just out!)
http://javafx.steveonjava.com/javafx-on-raspberry-pi-3-easy-steps/

he Pi-Point Raspberry Pi Wireless Access Point
http://www.pi-point.co.uk/

Raffle It Up
https://github.com/brieweb/raffle

brian