[vox] New laptop

Richard S. Crawford richard at underpope.com
Wed Jan 9 15:21:46 PST 2013

My Dell desktop has served me well for about five years at this point. No
sign of slowing down. Still, I probably won't go to them for a new laptop.

My thanks to everyone who weighed in on this question. I have much to
ponder.

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 11:11 AM, Chris Evans <axiomfinity at ymail.com> wrote:

> Dell is cheap but I think they use substandard parts
> So you get what you pay for
>

> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Jan 7, 2013, at 10:42 AM, Darth Borehd <darth.borehd at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Call Dell.  They have Linux laptops and no O/S laptops (actually they come
> with freedos) available.
>

> On 6 January 2013 10:44, jim <jim at well.com> wrote:
>

>> For the last five or so years I've bought
>> my machines from Zareason in Berkeley. I
>> like them because they thoroughly vet the
>> matches of distros and machines.

>> > Some dells come with ubuntu ;)

Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (richard at underpope.com) http://www.underpope.com