[vox] Favorite memories of LUGOD?

Eric Rasmussen ericrasmussen at gmail.com
Sun Dec 29 13:32:28 PST 2013

I really enjoyed Basho's talk on Riak. The audience seemed really engaged,
had lots of good questions, and we all got free t-shirts at the end. :)

And something a little more random always comes to mind: my first talk for
the group was at Explorit (November 2011), but no one had left the lights
on for us. I arrived early to prepare and wasn't even sure I was in the
right place. Brian and Andrew showed up not long after, but none of us were
completely sure how to get in. It led to about 10-15 minutes of walking
around in the dark, checking different doors, and (if I remember correctly)
using Andrew's phone as a flashlight.

Once we got in and got the lights on everything went smooth, but stumbling
around in pitch black in the cold at an abandoned location on the outskirts
of Davis wasn't how I'd imagined it all going!