[vox] What is you opinion on having a Java EE talk for February?

Michael Wenk mjwenk at ucdavis.edu
Mon Mar 5 10:14:15 PST 2012

Speaking as a Java Web developer, I think that java works well in the
web.  However, I have yet to see a project that really needs something
like EJB.  A simple servlet container like tomcat or jetty coupled
with spring and optionally hibernate if you want a true ORM works
wonders.  For UI, I have used a ton of different frameworks, from JSF,
to Wicket to GWT, and I have come to the conclusion that for the most
part they all have enough wrong with them to make it unpleasant at
best to deal with.  If I had my choice, I would likely go with
something like jQuery and a JSR311 implementation, either CXF or
jersey for server side.

YMMV,
Mike