[vox] Programming site...

Mikies Runs Baal mikiesrunsbaal.sec at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 23 11:09:44 PST 2012

Heya,

I recently heard about and found this site for the programmers among us.

http://projecteuler.net/

    About Project Euler

Leonhard Euler (1707-1783)

      What is Project Euler?

Project Euler is a series of challenging mathematical/computer
programming problems that will require more than just mathematical
insights to solve. Although mathematics will help you arrive at elegant
and efficient methods, the use of a computer and programming skills will
be required to solve most problems.

The motivation for starting Project Euler, and its continuation, is to
provide a platform for the inquiring mind to delve into unfamiliar areas
and learn new concepts in a fun and recreational context.

      Who are the problems aimed at?

The intended audience include students for whom the basic curriculum is
not feeding their hunger to learn, adults whose background was not
primarily mathematics but had an interest in things mathematical, and
professionals who want to keep their problem solving and mathematics on
the edge.

      Can anyone solve the problems?

The problems range in difficulty and for many the experience is
inductive chain learning. That is, by solving one problem it will expose
you to a new concept that allows you to undertake a previously
inaccessible problem. So the determined participant will slowly but
surely work his/her way through every problem.

TTYL,

MJR