[vox] Need speaker for Feb

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Thu Feb 9 09:26:27 PST 2012

On 02/09/2012 08:43 AM, Brian Lavender wrote:
> It looks like I have a preliminary offer from Alex to give a talk.
>
> Alex, did you want to post to the list the topics you have in mind?
>
> brian
>
> On Wed, Feb 08, 2012 at 03:52:44PM -0800, Brian Lavender wrote:
>> We need a speaker for Feb.
>>
>> Any volunteers?

Here's a list of potential stuff, would love to hear feedback

*Location Awareness - Spatial Databases (Spatialite, Postgis)+a little
Geodjango
*Making Maps at home - QGIS, Inkscape, Marble etc...
*Customizing a Distro - OSGeo Live project
*Everything Geospatial - an overview of the 40+ apps on the OSGeo Live
disc (Desktop apps, web clients, web servers, programming libraries,etc)
- at 2 minutes an app you can see how this will fill the time.
*Getting Started on Android Development
*Understanding Open Source Licenses and Business models - From a non
lawyer perspective
*Tips & tricks from using Linux as my main Desktop OS for 7 years and
doing hundreds of installs at Installfests.

Thanks,
Alex