[vox] Specs for ZaTab (Was Re: ZaReason ZaTab tablet)

Bill Kendrick nbs at sonic.net
Thu Apr 19 18:41:30 PDT 2012

On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 05:28:04PM -0700, Tony Cratz wrote:
> 	Looks good. But do you have a URL for specs and price?

Correction!  Google helped and I see they posted something in response
to a "specs or it didn't happen" comment by someone over on Google+ ;)

  http://zareason.com/shop/zatab.html

Quote:

  The only tablet on the market that doesn't violate the GPL! Yay!
  (You get the source code with the machine, not months later, if at all.)

  Display

    Gone are the days of having to tilt the display to get a good
    viewing angle. The ZaTab features a state-of-the-art IPS display that
    is clear and vivid from all viewing angles.

  Battery

    Nothing is more frustrating that having a battery die. So we built
    the ZaTab to last all day long...and then some. With up to 10 hrs of
    battery life, you could even watch the entire Lord of the Rings
    trilogy when your heart so desires.

  Expansion

    A tablet is a very personal device. The ZaTab includes plenty of
    connections so that you may customize it to fit your needs. There are
    micro USB ports for expansion. There is a micro HDMI port to output to
    a large screen. There is a microSD card slot which allows you to
    double the storage capacity. All these ports are conveniently located
    on the right side of the tablet.

  Cameras

    Not just one camera, but two cameras. One on the front for video
    conferences and self portraits. One on the back to take videos and
    photos of everyone else.

  Android

    Google AOSP, Cyanogenmod 9. We took the best of Android and
    included on the ZaTab.

  Root

    Some manufacturers consider "root" to be a four-letter-word. We
    don't. The ZaTab is an open device. The bootloader is unlocked. Root
    access is available. We welcome the community to develop custom ROMs
    and port other Linux distros to the ZaTab.

And finally:

  Specs:

    Pure Android
    9.7" IPS 1024x768 display
    5 point capacitive touchscreen
    16 GB internal storage + microSD for additional storage
    1 GB ram
    Front and Back cameras
    Sturdy metal back
    High-capacity 8000 mAh battery