[vox] Linux equivalent of commercial tax software

Tony Cratz cratz at hematite.com
Fri Mar 25 16:44:10 PDT 2011

On 03/25/2011 04:38 PM, Alex Mandel wrote:
> On 03/25/2011 03:59 PM, Darth Borehd wrote:
>> Any alternative to TurboTax/TaxCut that run on Linux?
>>

> I looked a few years back and ultimately gave up on finding software
> that you install, too many things to go wrong and the same battle every
> year. I did even once try to install turbotax via wine, got part way but
> didn't end up working.
>
> I have found that the online versions pretty much all work with linux
> and take much less effort to find a good deal. I have been happy with
> TaxAct for several years (it imports stuff from previous years for you).

	I have not used this but I have been seeing it being maintain
	over the years.

Open Tax Solver http://opentaxsolver.sourceforge.net/

OTS is an easy program for calculating personal income tax form entries
and taxes-owed or refund due. It handles forms such as US-Fed-1040, with
forms A, B, C, D, L, M, AMT worksheets, and state income taxes.

							Tony