[vox] [FWD: need emergency help with Linux debian server]

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Fri Dec 9 10:17:51 PST 2011

A Debian server is need of help. If you are a Debian expert, please contact
Mr. Phillip Riles.

brian

----- Forwarded message from Mr Phillip Riles <pgriles at yahoo.com> -----

Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 09:14:30 -0800 (PST)
From: Mr Phillip Riles <pgriles at yahoo.com>
Subject: need emergency help with Linux debian server
To: brian at brie.com

    Linux Debian server won't boot up.
    freezes during boot up at the line "calculating module
    dependencies...".
    For the past week or two the server would periodically freeze, I would
    reboot it and it would run for approximately 24 hours,  Then then it
    would freeze more and more frequently to approximately 3 or 4 hours.  I
    powered down the server and left it off for 24 hours then tried to
    reboot it and would not complete the reboot process.  It would halt
    consistently at "calculating module dependencies..." line.
    The server is needed by schools and doctors office to track the
    performance progress of students and patients with a game like exercise
    program.
    I need help in getting the computer called amethyst back up as soon as
    possible.
    I am located in Sacramento.
    Phillip Riles
    Gemstone Educational Management