[vox] Linux Laptop Purchase - Soliciting Suggestions

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Mon Apr 11 19:44:55 PDT 2011

I love my Dell Vostro V13n. But everytime I say Dell, everyone pooh poohs
it. The Dell Vostro V130n is very similar. I am just running a Celeron
1.3 GHz with 4 Gigs ram (DDR3). It is not real fast, but defintely faster
than the Atom 1.6 GHz. Weighs 3.5 lbs, full keyboard. About 2 plus hours
battery life after one year. Suspend works great.

Dell was good about fixing it when the drive started resetting on the bus.
It has small flat ribbon connectors and I think I messed up the SATA
connector when I swapped out the hard drive for a bigger one.

I did almost my whole MS project on it. I don't know if that says much,
but I kept installing libraries, etc, and it kept ticking!