[vox] Americans just don't appreciate mathematics!

Brian Lavender brian at brie.com
Tue Sep 28 10:40:49 PDT 2010

I tried to explain formal methods to one of our members and he just
didn't understand what I was saying. Perhaps this recording will shed
some light. You just can't develop correct software using decoupling and
cohesion techniques. Correct software requires analysis for correctness,
hence mathematical prinicples.

Here is a good case for formal methods.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJCJuuD_Dwk&feature=related

brian
--
Brian Lavender
http://www.brie.com/brian/

"Program testing can be used to show the presence of bugs, but never to show their absence!"

Professor Edsger Dijkstra
1972 Turing award recipient