[vox] T-Mobile "G2"

Jeff Newmiller jdnewmil at dcn.davis.ca.us
Thu Sep 9 17:27:15 PDT 2010

You pay what you decide to pay. You can get a G1 for under a hundred bucks, but you might not like being on the tail end of the tech curve. Or you can pay for the "subsidy" on a new phone over the life of a contract.

The diversity of phone frequencies in the US steals some of the advantage of contract-less service, but if you can find the  smartphone you like without a contract then you'll probably come out ahead without the contract (assuming you can afford it at all... it is more than just a phone).

"Bill Ward" <bill at wards.net> wrote:

>I assume then you have to pay hundreds of dollars for the phone, then?  The
>reason the primary carriers require a contract is because the phone cost is
>subsidized.
>
>On Thu, Sep 9, 2010 at 2:51 PM, Ryan Castellucci
><cjg5ehir02 at sneakemail.com>wrote:
>
>> T-Mobile has no-contract service $80/mo for unlimited everything - I have
>> the $60/mo unlimited data + 500 minutes plan.
>>
>> On Thu, Sep 09, 2010 at 09:26:57AM -0700, Brian Lavender brian-at-brie.com|lugod| wrote:
>> > Dumb question. I have Metro PCS and it costs me $50 all inclusive with no
>> > contract. Metro works great. I have no complaints.
>> >
>> > Any Android phones coming from Metro? I don't see any mention of Metro
>> offering Android.
>> >
>> http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/verizon-launching-samsung-fascinate-sept-8-metropcs-plans-500m-offering/2010-09-07
>> >
>> > How much should I expect to pay with an Android and what contract or can
>> > I get one without a contract should I expect? I have heard it costs about
>> > a hundred bucks a month!
>> >
>> > brian

>> http://i.engadget.com/2010/09/09/t-mobile-g2-comes-out-from-hiding-

>> http://i.engadget.com/2010/09/09/t-mobile-g2-comes-out-from-hiding-begins-pre-order-this-month

>> > --
>> > Brian Lavender
>> > http://www.brie.com/brian/
>> >
>> > "There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to
>> > make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies. And the other
>> > way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies."
>> >
>> > Professor C. A. R. Hoare
>> > The 1980 Turing award lecture
>>

>--
>Check out my LEGO blog at http://www.brickpile.com/