[vox] Reasons you might not want to use OpenOffice

Joseph Arruda joseph.arruda at gmail.com
Fri Oct 29 11:15:12 PDT 2010

In general this is correct.  FOSS as a development model started to take off
with other OS's in 1999-2000 (which I noticed when a growing critical core
of projectsstarted cropping up on SF.net for win32, Mac and eventually
Palm).

Now it is simply ingrained among a growing set of coders.  My favorite GUI
based SQL tool is FOSS (GPL v2), but currently only has a win32 binary
(HeidiSQL)...and that is far from the only example of stuff like this.

Microsoft has zero incentive generally to promote FOSS-anything, especially
if it impacts their core set of products (OS, Office/Backend, Project,
Sharepoint)

ja

Joseph Arruda
http://www.josepharruda.com